Month: July 2018

Domestic Violence

domestic violenceIf you are the victim of domestic violence, whether it is physical violence or abusive behavior and would like to discuss all your legal options available to you to protect you and your children, contact Probst Law Offices for help. We provide a free, confidential consultation to discuss what options are available to protect you from a violent or abusive spouse or partner.  Our experienced domestic violence attorneys can refer you to shelters, social workers, and a network of support to assist you and your children through a difficult time in your lives. Our office also works hand in hand with authorities as needed to ensure restraining orders are enforced.

Protecting You and Your Family

The attorneys of Probst Law Offices S.C. represent victims of domestic violence, working with the court to institute the following:

  • Protective order
  • Restraining order
  • Termination of child custody

Violence Against Women Act (Wisconsin VAWA Resources)

Relocation and Protection Orders

Under the terms of the VAWA, a protection order obtained in one location and state applies to all others. If you and your family have relocated from another state, your protection order remains in effect here in Wisconsin. If your abuser crosses state lines to stalk to harass you, their violation of the protection order becomes a federal crime. Remember that regardless of whether you have a restraining order or a protection order, once you move to a new state you must bring a copy of the order to your local court in order to register it. Our lawyers can help explain what is involved and help you throughout the process.

Domestic Violence Help – Contact the Probst Law Offices S.C.

Our Waukesha domestic violence lawyers are prepared to act immediately to ensure you and your children are protected. If you have questions regarding what you can do to protect yourself or enforce a restraining order or protection order already in place, contact the our experienced attorneys as soon as possible at 414-210-3135.

Enforcement of Orders

Court orders may involve the placement of children (child custody and visitation), child support or maintenance and can provide stability for a family in turmoil. A party’s failure to abide by a family court order can result in the filing of enforcement and contempt actions.

Probst Law Offices S.C. is a Waukesha area law firm that provides education, personalized service and guidance to individuals and families during times of emotional hardship. We represent clients throughout southeastern Wisconsin involving:

Failure to Pay Child Support

If your ex fails to pay child support or maintenance they may be subject to wage withholding, property liens, driver’s license revocation and other penalties. For people having difficulty complying with child support orders or other family court orders, an experienced attorney will work on a possible modification of the court to avoid such penalties.

Contact Experienced Wisconsin Domestic Violence Attorneys

If you are a victim of domestic violence and need help regarding a temporary restraining order, a protective order or termination of child custody, do not hesitate to contact our Waukesha domestic violence attorneys to schedule a free initial consultation at 414-210-3135.

Can I Make My Spouse Move Out During Divorce?

During a divorce, you may want to stay in the family home especially when are children involved. If your spouse refuses to leave, there are certain conditions under which a court can order him or her to go, particularly if the other spouse or children feel threatened. You may request a temporary order if there is evidence of domestic abuse or believe your mental or physical well-being is compromised if both spouses continue to occupy the home during divorce proceedings.

Temporary Support Orders in a Wisconsin Divorce

Many spouses who are stay at home moms or dads, or those who earn less income compared to their spouse, may worry how they will get by if their spouse is ordered to leave. In cases where you remain in your home without your spouse and they are the breadwinner of the family, you can file a special motion with the court asking the he or she continue paying the mortgage until things are sorted out. You may also request the payment of temporary child or spousal support during the divorce proceedings so that you can stay afloat while issues such as marital property division, child custody and visitation, child support and alimony are determined.

Contact Our Experienced Child and Spousal Support Lawyers for Help Today

If you are considering divorce and would like more information regarding temporary orders to occupy the family home during a divorce or to obtain temporary monetary support while your divorce is ongoing, contact the Waukesha Family Law offices of Probst Law Offices for help at 414-210-3135.