Location: Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Email: E-mail Me
Jane specializes in all areas of family law, including divorce, paternity, grandparent rights, custody, child support, juvenile law, termination of parental rights, adoptions and guardianship.
Jane not only has extensive experience as a trial lawyer, but she is also a member of the Collaborative Divorce Council of Wisconsin with an objective of resolving divorces without the cost and acrimony of the standard litigation process. She was certified by University of Wisconsin as a Divorce Mediator in November, 2006. Since 1990, Jane has had a variety of experiences in other areas of law such as criminal defense, real estate and probate. She has successfully litigated family, civil, juvenile and criminal cases throughout Southeastern Wisconsin in Brookfield, Waukesha, Jefferson, Washington, Racine, Kenosha, Walworth, Ozaukee, Sheboygan and Dane counties. Jane has been successful in appeals before the Wisconsin Court of Appeals and has argued before the Wisconsin Court of Appeals. Jane also represents clients in appeals before the United States Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit. In August, 2022, Jane became licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois. She will be expanding her law practice to the northern counties of Illinois, such as Lake, DuPage, Cook, McHenry, Kane, Kendall, Joe Daviess and Winnebago Counties. This allows her greater ability to service clients with legal needs over the two bordering State lines.
Jane also has a 10 rating on AVVO.Com and was named as a Leading Lawyer in 2015 Brookfield Lifestyle Magazine. She is a regular presenter in many national Continuing Legal Education seminars for the education of other attorneys and paralegals.
Jane is married and resides in the Brookfield area suburbs with her husband, Don, and their three French Bulldogs. Her horse and pony are additional additions to their family. In her free time, Jane enjoys horse riding, Latin and Ballroom Dancing, gardening, reading, travelling, working out at the gym and charity work.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Grandparent Rights
- Child Support
- Juvenile Law
- Termination of Parental Rights
Certified Legal Specialties
- Divorce Mediator, University of Wisconsin, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- Marquette University Law School, Brookfield, Wisconsin
- J.D. – 1990
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
- B.B.A. – 1980
- American Journal of Family Law, 1990
- Seminars, Divorce, Family Law, Guardianships, Adoption and Collaborative Divorce Training
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Brookfield Bar Association
- Waukesha Bar Association
- Collaborative Divorce Council of Wisconsin
- American Inns of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Society of Family Law
- Arabian Horse Association
- Wisconsin Arabian Horse Association
- United States Equestrian Federation
- Wauwatosa Chamber of Commerce