Waukesha Child Custody Modification

When there are children involved in a divorce, making decisions about their care can be difficult when the circumstances are new to a family. When raising children in two households instead of one, it is expected and understood that the child custody and visitation arrangements that you made early on may not suit your family’s needs indefinitely.

Changes in child support may also come up where a job loss reduces the amount of support that a recipient may be entitled to. Conversely, an increase in one parent’s income or unanticipated expenses related to the care of the child may result in an more child support. A remarriage of either parent can also change how much child support should be paid.

Probst Law Firm is a family law firm that serves clients throughout southeastern Wisconsin. Our experienced family law attorneys can assist you with post-judgement modifications of orders that reflect your current circumstances including:

    Waukesha Child Custody and Visitation Modifications

    Legal custody refers to the allocation of decision making authority. Joint legal custody means both parents are able to make major decisions affecting their children such as education, religious practices and the like. Sole legal custody awards this right to one parent only. Occasionally, certain decisions are allocated to each parent.

    Physical custody or placement determines where the children will live. If it is in the best interest of the children, the court will assign periods of physical placement between the parties so that the children have an opportunity to spend time with both parents. However, if the court finds that physical placement with a parent would endanger the children’s physical, mental or emotional health.

    If there has been a change in circumstances that impact your current custody or visitation arrangements, you may want to consider a post-judgement modification to ensure that your children’s best interests are being met.

    Waukesha Wisconsin Child Support Modifications

    Child support in Wisconsin is determined by factors such as the placement schedule, how many children are involved, and each parents monthly gross income. Any changes in placement, the number of recipients or income may change the amount of support. If you or your spouse have changes in income, a new marriage or children, or other changes in circumstance, you may want to pursue a post-judgement modification to the child support order to reflect the current situation.

Contact a Wisconsin Post-Judgement Modification Lawyer

If your circumstances have changed and you have questions regarding a post-judgement modification to a child support or custody order, contact the Waukesha child custody and child support modification lawyer at Probst Law Offices P.C. for assistance today.